The award-winning 4-part virtual performance series
Black artists came together across the spectrum of musical genres and spoken word to open the door to your cabaret experience. Learn about the history of Blacks in Chicago cabaret and view all three parts of the concert series.
The 2022 American Prize was granted to Black Voices in Cabaret for Virtual Performance for this series.
So fine, with wonderful performers in various styles, each personally communicative, musically excellent and gripping to listen to, whether performing or simply talking about their inspirations…a compendium of talent quite breathtaking in its breadth and commitment, and so worthy of praise and recognition. A privilege to experience. Bravo to all.David Katz, founder and chief judge
The American Prize
Click on the + to open pane and view each video.
MESSAGES from our new supporters!
- The first program [March 7 history panel] was fabulous. Bravo!
- I really enjoyed the discussion yesterday! Thanks for putting this series together.
- What an intriguing & fascinating conversation. So glad to be attending.
- This is such an illuminating presentation!
- This is brilliant! Thank you for this unusual opportunity!
- This event was planned just at the right time, where we can gather in an holistic atmosphere soaking up the sounds, soothing, and healing through music and song.
Support provided in part by WDCB Chicago radio’s home for jazz,
by the Illinois Arts Council ArtsTour program,
and by viewers like you.